Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 7


It's been one week since Sampsons surgery and the recovery process appears to be going smoothly. We had a good night's sleep with only two quick potty breaks and after that he rested soundly until 6am. Last night when he went to sleep I was a little concerned with his incision. It appeared to be getting pinker throughout the evening because he kept wanting to lay on that side, but a good dose of the bitter spray kept him from licking it any further and seemed to change his mind about wanting to lay on it. This morning when I woke up I heard him licking at it, so I quickly jumped up and applied more bitter spray. I noticed it had closed quite a bit and lost that pink color. I know this is the stage where it gets itchy as the skin forms together, so I anticipate that as my challenge for the next few days.



His posture during the short walks is looking great. He is slow and steady and continues to place even more weight on the bad leg, using it as he relieves himself. When he wakes in the morning or gets up from a nap he doesn't appear to be so labored as he stands up.



Even with a house full of dog beds he still opts for the comforter while resting his head on the coffee table. I wish I could be this comfortable while sleeping on the floor.


At this stage I am happy with his progress and keep my fingers crossed that we can stay on this path!

No comments:

Post a Comment